Thursday, July 23, 2009

Week 34 - New

.

To me, there is something so elegant, poetic almost, in the way that words are defined. It' is as if you can feel the mind that toiled over the exact words used to render the most comprehensive and yet efficient meaning possible. There is art there. I feel it. So, I hope you won’t judge me too harshly for relying on the well crafted words of others to explore this week’s theme.

from the google search term “define new”:

not of long duration; having just (or relatively recently) come into being

fresh: original and of a kind not seen before

raw: lacking training or experience

having no previous example or precedent or parallel

unaffected by use or exposure

newfangled: (of a new kind or fashion) gratuitously new

(of crops) harvested at an early stage of development; before complete maturity

.

Thursday, July 16th at 3:49 p.m.

.

Week 34 mosaic

.

Rachel: A new game ----- I always thought that kids figured out how to play pretend on their own. I never knew I was going to teach this skill. The other night, somehow, we got on the kick of playing “putting baby to bed”. He stripped baby, bathed baby, diapered baby, clothed baby, put baby in bed, put blanket over baby, read a story to baby, kissed baby goodnight, turned off the light, came back when baby asked for help with blanket, left again, came when baby woke up in the morning, and took baby out to the living room to watch “Go Diego Go&” as we do every morning. It took off from there in the direction of two babies being bathed and carted around the house in a big dump truck. I know my hubs was jealous. A hot tub and huge machinery all in one? What's not to love.

.

Aziza:  taken in Nike Town shop where my son insisted on going to get a new soccer shoes

.

Cory: I was walking around the Capitol area of Washington, D.C. and happened upon a farmers' market. It was one that I've never been to but also the icing on the cake of a wonderful day of exploration and knowledge.

.

RC: Container gardening is one of my great joys--- I am looking forward to future golden peppers simmering ... in the heat now, or in the pan later

.

Kristin: thursday 3:49pm theme "new" 

.

Week 34 group mosaic 1b copy

.

 keli h  *  DebbsGa  *  rhonda gibson  *  tarra.mama.wendy

.

Week 34 group mosaic 2b copy

.

mistybliss  *  Chessiekitty  *  redorgray  *  gis 00  *  xandtheberkeley

.

Week 34 group Cosi!

and our last little, yet beloved, straggler Cosi! (so glad you made it)

No comments:

Post a Comment