Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Week 29 - Grounded

It's oh so easy to feel adrift, disconnected, unmoored, for any of us. Tempted as I am to say that it's a symptom of the current political and economic atmosphere, I think it can happen at any time in our lives, at any time in the world's history. We get busy, we get obligated to people and tasks that are not unworthy but can lure us away from our foundation, our sincerest sense of being.

If this week's theme "grounded" is metaphoric of anything it's a visual representation of what "the moment" project is all about. Simple, in the moment, noticing, being, reflecting, grounding us in our lives, has always been the point.

I'm (Rachel) no stranger to feeling unmoored and adrift. I find it is a more common state of being for me than any other and maybe that is how this project came to be. There are times I push it away, moan silently about the work and time it takes, drag my feet, emotionally kick and curse… but I know I need it and that the work, the effort, the dedication even when it's not easy, is grounding. I need that in whatever form it comes. And, when I can see clearly, when I've been grounded and slowed to a pace that allows me to hear, I am educated. I am taught lesson upon lesson that culminate to a growing understanding of how to live a good life. For that I am in awe, with humble gratitude.

Week 29 mosaic four b copy

.

Kristin  “road tripping. and our very first daisy bloomed today. taking it with us for good luck.”

Aziza “my feet and my little boy’s”

Cory “I was admiring all the leaf shapes and colors around me so I began to pick from each of my favorites to count and compare”

.

.

The inspirational and thoroughly grounded Flickr group

Week 29 Cory's mosaic copy

mosaic by Cory 

CharlaneG, zen granny, Emma Bradshaw, rhonda gibson

redorgray, keli h, susie j, aussieguera,

Kathryn Froilan, xantheberkeley, hollyindavis

Debbsga, Just Ree

No comments:

Post a Comment