Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week 52 ~ Celebrate

.

Given that this week is, in the least, a milestone (at most a conclusion) for our humble moment project, it seemed fitting to focus on the concept of Celebration. As we take a moment to pause and consider the future of this project, Cory and I continue to be overwhelmed by the outpouring of positive feedback regarding everyone’s experiences participating in and following the moments. I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we are astounded, thrilled and deeply honored that our little experiment has touched so many others.

Week by week, moment by moment, we have grown as a community, as a presence in our own and in each other’s lives. We have grown as artists, as photographers, as human beings wishing to take every opportunity to notice, be in and celebrate the moment. We do this because we know there is no certainty in the future, no clear way to exist in the past . We know that this moment, every moment, is the most important one. We know that we thrive in the moment, we become our own greatest selves in the complete and utter absorption in the present moment. Sharing this awareness, helping each other to remember, to embrace it, is our gift to each other.

.

.


The more you praise and celebrate  your life, the more there is in life to celebrate. ~ Oprah Winfrey


Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and

              celebrate just living. ~Amanda Bradley

.

.
The thing about performance, even if it’s only an illusion, is that it is a celebration of the fact that we do contain within

ourselves infinite possibilities.  ~ Sydney Smith, English Clergyman

 .

.

sweet responses to our blog

This is fun! So glad I found this group. I love seeing everyone's different little moments in time. :)

This is the most awesome group in blog land, and on flickr!

I noticed that there were so many artistic moments this week! Lovely collages, and I have to say, this is an amazing group!!!

.

.

beautiful - I'm always amazed at what people shot at these times. thanks so much for including me.

This is such an enjoyable experience for me, and this blog is just wonderful! The collages make me feel such a wonderful connection to all of you "momenters!

.

.

You have created the most beautiful blog. I am so happy that I get to participate in this. Your mosaics are wonderful, and this creates such a lovely online "sisterhood."

This is the most fabulous idea! I enjoy this blog and the thought behind it!

.

.

momenters moved by the experience

I love to idea that I always am pushed out of my comfort zone with themes / projects / assignments, and that this project would do the same for others. I think it's a really great thing to keep challenging one's self to see the world anew, to find the photogenic in that which is often taken for granted.

made me photograph something i wouldn't have noticed

I am totally drooling over some of these moments and really wish I could have somehow been in each one!

have encouraged and helped me explore and find out about sharing photography and creativity within this group. The talent of the people in this flickr community inspires me..and I am loving it.

.

.

your work is beautiful, as is the idea. I think the concept is just fabulous and your photos are so inspiring.

I just love the intention/idea behind this group and am so excited to be part of it. Thanks for letting me join

I really love seeing how differently the themes are interpreted by all of the talented photographers who participate each week. Whether I play along or not, I always feel like a winner here.

.

.

for one tiny moment in the week,
"I get my art on". I get my art on, and it's my moment alone with my creative outlet, and then suddenly it's shared with these wonderous women, occasionally a guy or two, mothers, sisters, students, grannies, teachers, etc, etc, from all over the world. And in that moment, we are a part of something special. We are connected by our passion for the little things that only photographer's see and understand and love. And that, is special.

Over this last year I have cherished all of our Moments--for what they meant to ourselves as growing individuals and the connections that we found by sharing these moments with others.

.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including me! I only just joined but you have inspired me to continue to make a 'dead set effort' to 'get my creative on'. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeals of joy!!! This is such a gorgeous celebration or a wonderful year of moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cool blog! Isn't fellowship so good! I will definately be back. Glad I found you. Check me out at www.rediscoveringjetta.blogspot.com - have a great weekend!

    Jetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for interesting post... i really enjoy to visit this site :)
    obat batu ginjal

    ReplyDelete