Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Week 42 ~ Self ~ Wednesday, September 9th at 8:57 a.m.

 

.

Self

.

Any life, no matter how long and

complex it may be, is made up of a

single moment, the moment in which

a [person] finds out, once and for

all, who [they are].” - unknown

.

And, in my view (Rachel )

 

this one moment occurs over

.

and over and over in one’s life.

.

Week 42 mosaic a

. 

Kristin resting my head into my son's security blanket. purple is magic he always says. of course i know he is the real magic. 

Cory I admit I often find it difficult to turn the camera around and point it at myself. I'm so much more comfortable behind the lens, tinkering behind the scenes. But here I am. Refreshed after a morning bike ride and pampered by all the delightful smelly products in the shower (Lobsterman's 3-in-1 soap = awesome!), but still in need of coffee. The reflection in my eye is my laptop buzzing on and the morning light pouring through my home office window through which I watched thunderclouds pass and sunshine melt its way through.

Rachel I am far from being comfortable with my own image. I never seem to recognize myself. It’s been getting better these past few years, as I’ve prodded myself to appear in photos with my son. Someday he will want to know what I looked like when he was young, and I too. For this self portrait, I could only manage a little over a quarter view of my face. I’m emerging, slowly, from my discomfort with my likeness.

RCIf the pen is mightier than the sword, then how powerful is the dry erase marker?  Preparing for the day of teaching, I note that the words are the focus of what I do... and so, I present the word-maker as the self portrait

.

week 42 group mosaic1b

.

tara.mama.wendy

Sagresgrafix

xandthe berkeley

keli h

.

week 42 group mosaic2b

.

On Bradstreet

everyday us

jimmyscrumbs / Narrelle's

so Olivia

.

week 42 group mosaic3b

.

alidegeorge

rhonda gibson

E L K

hollyindavis

Debbs Ga

pink.goldfish

.

No comments:

Post a Comment