Sunday, August 23, 2009

Week 38

.

Adornments

Assignment Week 38: The Jewelry You’re Wearing

symbols of love  *  the natural draw to adorn ourselves with charms we find aesthetically appealing  *  Ornaments worn by people on the body  *

anklet  *  band  *  bangle  *  bauble  *  beads  *  bijou  *  bracelet  *  brass  *  brooch  *  cameo  *  chain  *  charm  *   choker  *  costume  *  cross  *  crown  *  diamonds  *  earring  *  finery  *  frippery  *  gem  *  glass  *  gold  *  ice  *   jewel  *  knickknack  *  lavaliere  *  locket  *  necklace  *  ornament  *  pendant  *  pin  *  regalia  *  ring  *  rock  *  rosary  *  silver  *  solitaire  *  sparkler  *  stickpin  *  stone  *  tiara  *  tie pin  *  treasure  *  trinket 

 

Week 38 mosaic2

.

Kristin  My shutter sister necklace and hope necklace on my neck

.

Rachel   Wedding Ring and Elopement Necklace.

We eloped nine months before our wedding, to the Oregon Coast.  Between the airport and our cabin we stopped to buy hubs a silver temporary ring (the one I got for him prior to the trip was the wrong size). I spotted this charm. Two hearts nested together. It felt perfect. Two souls, binding further together in a common goal.. a life well lived. It was a beautiful, wild, stormy, winter occasion. It was perfect. 

.

RC  * close-up moment * itty-bitty sheep earring-- hiding a little quirkiness... or maybe not :)

 

Cory This is all I wear; all I ever need to wear

As it was, these are the only decorations I was wearing. My engagement ring was custom made by a designer on the coast of northern California in the Redwood forest, where we lived at the time of our engagement. My blue titanium wedding band matches my husbands, both custom made by a seller on Etsy. I used to wear toe rings, anklets, necklaces and even a tongue ring for a while...but now this is all I wear; all I ever need to wear

.

Aziza I was out shopping. I was not wearing any jewelry but I did buy these earrings. when the moment

struck I stopped sat down, took it out of my bag and clicked.

.

The always sparkling much treasured

 .

Flickr Group

.

week38 group mosaic b copy

E L K * Silver Moment * eating dinner at 6:40 Saturday night...stopped mid pasta for this shot...my family just

shakes their heads!

Cosi! * creative jewelry moment * I made this bracelet for myself a couple of years ago to remind me that I'm

an artist. You know, sort of so I wouldn't forget to "create". In the midst of homeschooling my kids and being a wife and mother priorities shift and my wants and desires have to go on hold until I have me (photography) time. When the moment arrived I was looking over my new to me brownie I picked up at an antique store. Really would love to put film in it some time!

zen granny * This along with earings are about the only jewelry I ever wear. My husband Mike had this

ring made for me many, many years ago by a guy in Scituate, MA. The stone is Mexican fire agate and it usually reflects light perfectly. I was at a family party or I would have taken more time to get a better shot with light reflecting, but hey, it was Saturday night after all!

xandthe berkeley * Precious Pendants * I have wore this necklace everyday for years and years.

 
first i received the small heart, from my lovely man as a birthday present. a few years later he gave the second heart, with a tibetan wish for happiness/health to all living creatures. my mum gave the star, i love stars!.... finally my collection was completed when we lived in Thailand... an om, a symbol very important to me.

tara mama wendy * camera ring * I love my new ring. I wear it so the camera is facing me and

put it on and am happy

rhonda gibson * I wear this ring everyday. It was on ebay and it has a story and it called to my

heart. It is old, it is scratched and the band is worn. I love it.

hollyindavis * camping with friends in the redwoods on the California Coast...in the middle of making

dinner for everyone (we divide up meals). a great end to our summer.

DebbsGa * Summer means anklets. I love them!! Seashells from Tybee island and dolphin from a local

store.

sunnyroadmum * Today's Jewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment